Safdarjung Tomb | Delhi

by - 10/08/2015


My favourite monument in Delhi is Safarjung Tomb. It was the first tourist attraction I visited in Delhi so it will always hold a special place in my heart. It's also a quiet escape from the craziness outside the compounds walls on Lodhi Road! Built between 1753-1754 by Nawab Shuja-ud-Daula, the son of Safdarjung. Safdarjung tomb represents the last phase of the Mughal style architecture being built in red sandstone and buff stone and follows a similar pattern of Humayun Tomb. Located inside are two graves - those of - Safdarjung and his wife. 


Exploring Safdarjung with the parents!


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Such beautiful photos! Looks like a lovely place! x

    clumsyagenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete