Independence Day

by - 8/17/2015



This year was my first year in India to celebrate Independence Day. The holiday is to commemorate India's independence from the British rule in 1947.


I decided to wear a green suit that I received during our wedding and MIL wore a bright pink saree.


My MIL and I went to the local temple in the morning and enjoyed a program performed by school children.


Temple Decorations.

We then took an auto to India Gate. It wasn't as crowded as we expected and we were able to enjoy a stroll around the grounds. We left just in time before it started to rain!






A popular activity on Independence is Kite Flying!



At dinner with celebrated with Daal Chawal, Veg Manchurin, and Bindi Pakora. Unfortunately I didn't click any pics of the delicious dinner!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looking gorg! Oh how much I love learning about different countries!
    Being a Ukrainian who studied in the US and now living in the UK - I love to explore ;)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete