ABC's of Travel

by - 7/10/2015




A) Age you went on your first international trip:
My first international trip was to Florida at the age of 9 with my Grandparents. I would consider my first "real" international trip to be at the age of 21 to Australia. I spent 6 months backpacking Brisbane, Noosa, Cairns, and Darwin.


Lost my camera the first week in OZ so all shots on a disposable!

B) Best foreign beer you’ve had and where:
Kingfisher in India.

C) Cuisine (favourite):
Italian and Japanese

D) Destinations–favourite, least favorite, and why?:
Favourite - Didn't have to travel too far for this one - in my own backyard - Jasper, Alberta! 



Least Favourite - Seattle. No specific reason. We just didn't "click".



E) Event you’ve experienced abroad that made you say “wow”:
Bungee Jumping in Cairns, Australia!



F) Favorite mode of transportation:
Auto in India. Boat in Canada.



Boating in Yellowstone National Park

G) Greatest feeling while traveling:
The moment you see whatever attraction you've been dreaming about - whether it's the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, or a beautiful landscape.

H) Hottest place you’ve ever traveled to:
Ummm, of course, India!

I) Incredible service you’ve experienced and where?:
We spent out first wedding anniversary at Seville, a restaurant in Delhi. Service was amazing and food was even better!

J) Journey that took the longest:
In December 2012 we drove to California and back in less than 2 weeks - Will save that story for another day!




K) Keepsake from your travels:
I don’t buy a lot of souvenirs but I keep all ticket stubs, maps, and other random knicknacks.

L) Let-down sight, where and why?:
1. Niagara Falls. I've only seen it once, maybe I was just being a disgruntle teenager but I didn't find it all that spectacular and the commercialization of the area disturbs the ambience. 

2. Stonehenge. I mean it's just some rocks in a field.




M) Moment where you fell in love with traveling:
Even before I had done it, I loved travelling. Just reading about different countries and looking at pictures had me captivated. 

N) Nicest hotel you’ve stayed in:
At the Marriott in Jaipur we had an amazing room! The Claridges in New Delhi was also pretty awesome.

O) Obsession–what are you obsessed with taking pictures of while traveling?:
Landscapes!


Kelowna, British Columbia

P) Passport stamps-how many and from where?:
USA, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Hondorus, Belize, United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia. 

Q) Quirkiest attraction you’ve visited and where?:
Vulcan, AB. Yes, it's named after Star Trek!




R) Really Frightening: where’s one place you’ve visited where you felt unsafe or uneasy?
I haven't really experienced any feelings of unsafe though one time we did end up in the ghetto of Las Vegas.

S) Splurge-something you have no problem spending money on while traveling:
Food!

T) Touristy thing you’ve done:
Though I hate taking them, Hubby enjoys a good-ole Hop-on Hop-off bus tour.

U) Unforgettable travel memory:
Being proposed to at the Taj Mahal!




V) Visas-how many and for where?:
India, UAE, Australia, New Zealand.

W) Wish List
Spain, Greece, Egypt!

X) eXcellent view and from where?
So many places have excellent views. The view from our home isn't bad either. 



Y) Years spent traveling:
10.

Z) Zealous sports fans and where?:
No sports fan here!


You May Also Like

0 comments